بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
In the name of Allah, The Supreme Merciful, Special Merciful.
Sura Al Fatiha ( سورة الفاتحة)
Total verses=7 (Seven)
Revealed in Makkah.
Sura Al Fatiha is the first sura of The Holy Quran. It is called as the mother of Al Quran. The whole summery of Al Quran lies in Sura Al Fatiha. Every muslim recites this sura at leat five times in daily prayer.
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
- All praise to the Almighty Allah, who is the Lord of the worlds
2. He is the entirely merciful and the special merciful.
مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ
3. Owner of the day of Judgement.
إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ
4. We only worship You and only ask for your help.
اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ
5. Give and guide us to the straight path.
صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ
6. The path of those upon whom you have bestowed favor.
غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ
7. Not in the path of those who have evoked your anger or those who are astray.
(Our Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (peach be upon him) has given very importance on this sura. So we have to learn it for the satisfaction of Allah. It is a prayer to Allah for his slaves.)